Theo Trung tâm nghiên cứu nâng cao về tiếp thu ngôn ngữ (CARLA) tại Đại học Minnesota, các chương trình ngâm là loại chương trình ngoại ngữ hiệu quả nhất. Học sinh có thể được dự kiến sẽ đạt được mức độ cao hơn của một trình độ ngôn ngữ thứ hai so với sinh viên trong các chương trình ngôn ngữ dựa trên trường học khác.
- When did the School Board adopt Immersion and were other models considered to better enhance the opportunities for all students?
- Why did the District adopt the immersion program when several years ago they removed the Spanish classes due to cost?
- How were the two languages selected for the immersion programs?
- Immersion in the Minnetonka District
General questions about language immersion
- Is language immersion a new concept?
- Is Immersion an option for all children?
- Is a background in the new language needed?
- What percentage of class time would you say is expected to be in the Spanish/Chinese language?
- How do children learn English?
- What role do parents play in the school?
- Are teachers native speakers?
- What level of skill in the second language will students have by the end of fifth grade?
- Would the Kindergarten Immersion be 1/2 day or Extended-Day?
- Will you require elementary language immersion teachers to have a certificate in language immersion education?
- In the elementary language immersion program has thought been given as to how culture will be integrated into language learning?
- Will elementary language immersion classrooms be using the same curricula as English-only classes?
- Is the class taught entirely in Spanish, or would Spanish be a special subject similar to music, gym, etc? What percentage of class time would you say is expected to be in the Spanish/Chinese language?
- How do Immersion students perform on state reading and math tests?
- Will there be student exchanges through the language immersion program?