Minnetonka Public Schools provides one of the best Kindergarten experiences in Minnesota. Our primary goal is to inspire in children to love learning through social and emotional teaching strategies. Our robust curriculum balances active, playful, hands-on learning with individual, small and large-group instruction designed to nurture early academic skills and promote social development.
Our Kindergarten teachers have a genuine love for children and Kindergarten. They inspire in a passion to wonder, discover, create and excel. Using the best of childhood development and brain research, they ignite a love of learning that burns brightly for Minnetonka students through graduation and beyond.
- Kindergarten students should be five years old by September 1. Parents may request early entrance consideration for children turning five by October 31.
- Early Childhood Screening: This screening is required by the State of Minnesota for all preschool-aged children (ages three to five), before entering public school. If you have already completed screening through Minnetonka, you are all set! If this screening was completed through another district, please upload your child’s Screening Summary when you submit the birth certificate and proof of address during registration. If your child still needs to complete Early Childhood Screening, register here.
- Online registration for resident families in Minnetonka School District is now open. Families must register all children entering Kindergarten in fall 2021, even if other siblings are currently enrolled.
- Additional communication from Minnetonka Public Schools will be sent out in October. There will also be opportunities to visit schools in November and December. This is when you will need to decide on your school of choice.
- The resident priority deadline to complete the online registration form is January 15, 2021. Resident applications will be accepted after the deadline, but first-choice schools or programs may be filled.
- The state deadline for open enrollment applications is January 15. Late applications will be accepted as space allows. Approved open-enrolled families will receive an email with instructions for registering online.
- Our elementary schools host a Kindergarten welcome event in the spring for all enrolled students. Please watch your email for additional communication.
- All enrolled families will receive an email in mid-August from the Minnetonka Technology Department with instructions for claiming a Skyward account for lunch payments and more.
K-12 registration for 2022 is currently open for all residents. Find out if you live in-district.
The priority deadline for resident registration is January 15, 2022.
First-choice schools or programs may be filled.
Already have a student in the District? Go to MySSO, select Skyward and complete the new student online enrollment.
All out-of-district families wishing to open enroll must complete the open enrollment application.
The state deadline for open enrollment applications is January 15, 2022.
Families will be notified by February 15 with a school/program offer if they apply by the state deadline. At that time you will be asked to complete online registration.
Our student enrollment staff is available to assist. Call 952-401-5009 if your family last name begins with A-L or 952-401-5012 if your family last name begins with M-Z.
Contact Student Accounting
Student last names A-L:
Student last names M-Z:
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Minnetonka Schools Student Registration
5621 County Rd 101
Minnetonka, MN 55345
*Please note, to schedule a tour you may call the school of interest directly or complete our visit form.
Submit questions and feedback online and receive a response within one business day through Let’s Talk.