Since 2013, Tonka Online has provided High School students with the opportunity to take individual online courses using Minnetonka's rigorous curriculum and experienced teachers. The program has grown year over year, and the District is excited to now offer fully virtual options to students at every grade level.
High school students participating in Tonka Online will have many of the same experiences as traditional students, with the added flexibility and convenience that only comes through online education. Tonka Online courses have been designed specifically for e-learning, which allows teachers to provide personalized instruction and better support learners.
- Full English program (non-Immersion) option
- Single-course supplemental program option
- Taught with Minnetonka developed curriculum by Minnetonka teachers
- Tonka Online options offered for required and elective courses to meet graduation requirements
- Courses will be taught primarily through asynchronous learning
- Select courses will provide opportunities for a blend of live-streaming and synchronous learning throughout the semester (see FAQ to learn more)